Saturday, April 6, 2013

To Be With Me By: Karen Pilarski



Believe in me
When truth is too frosted to see
Measure goodness by soul
Not by appearances that deceive
Even if near drowning
Would you rage against the storm?
If only for a chance to touch my hand
Through tornadoes that form
Spits you out onto wet sand

When you put my needs before your own
Then my heart will come home
Then I could be yours
Possibly

I have drawn the shades up
Leaving mere resonant of past
Don’t dwell on you’re sadness
The blues won’t last

When you can say you love me unconditionally
And keep my name in your heart faithfully
Then I could be yours
Possibly

This heart
Banged up, bandaged
Still has blood coursing through it
Flowing like a lake

This heart longs to be
With someone who aches
To be with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment